Virtual Tree is a combined Tree/ListView .NET control written in C# to use the power of the .NET framework. You can use Virtual Tree as a simple tree, a standard list view, or you can combine the best features of both and provide your users with a dynamic interface that allows them to explore a hierarchical view of their data while displaying and editing all the relevant information in columns.
Virtual Tree's unique support for context sensitive columns allows you to display only those columns relevant to the currently selected item (see example below). This makes it possible for the first time to meaningfully display heterogeneous data in a combined Tree/ListView control.
Version 4 of Virtual Tree is compatible with Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012 and includes sample projects for each of these development environments.
Virtual Tree Features
- Advanced data binding to ADO.NET Datasets, DataViews or any class that supports the IList interface
- True virtual loading of data on demand to support very large data sources
- Automatic Column and Binding Generation - columns and data bindings can be automatically generated from ADO.NET table definitions or Object type definitions
- Runtime column customization using drag and drop
- Runtime column resizing (manual and automatic)
- Auto Fit Columns mode - automatically sizes the displayed columns to fit the available space eliminating the need for a horizontal scrollbar.
- Column sorting - no code required when using an ADO.NET Datasource or Infralution's Virtual Data Objects
- Pinnable columns - columns can be pinned allowing them to act as headers when scrolling through a large number of columns.
- Context sensitive columns - those columns not relevant to the currently selected item can be hidden automatically.
- Variable Height Rows - row height can be set on an individual basis and even calculated automatically by Virtual Tree to fit the displayed data
- Row Headers - provide runtime resizing of row height and display of data errors
- Save/Load user customization - changes made by the user at runtime can be saved and loaded to/from standard .NET XML streams
- In-place editing of cell values using any .NET editing control.
- Full Accessibility Support - Virtual Tree implements Microsoft Active Accessibility (MSAA) interfaces to enable the use of screen readers and other accessibility aids.
- Rich Text Support - display cell text containing multiple fonts and colors using Rich Text Formatting (RTF).
Infralution Controls Library - this library of useful controls
is included with your purchase of Virtual Tree. The library contains a range of
useful controls including:
- UniversalEditBox - an editor control that uses the standard UITypeEditor and TypeConverter interfaces to allow editing of images, enumerations, dates and just about any other type that has a TypeConverter
- VirtualListBox - a replacement control for the standard ListBox control that provides true virtual loading of data and outstanding performance with large data sources.
- VirtualDropDownList - a replacement control for the standard ComboBox control that provides true virtual loading of data and outstanding performance with large data sources.
- Checkbox support - check boxes (or any other control) can be displayed immediately following the row icon by specifying a PrefixColumn.
- Modeless Error Indicators - data errors can be flagged using error icons in both the row header and cell. Support for the standard IDataErrorInfo interface means that errors in ADO.NET Data Rows are shown automatically.
- Full drag and drop support allows rows to be moved or copied within the tree hierarchy - no code needed for ADO.NET Datasets.
- Multiple selection support - standard and multiple selection modes as well as support for drag selection
- Selection Modes - Full Row selection, Main Cell selection or individual Cell selection.
- Right to Left Language Support - Virtual Tree provides full support for localization including Right to Left languages such as Arabic and Hebrew. Right to Left layout can be specified for the whole tree and on individual columns.
- XP-Theme support
- Alpha Blended background images - give your products a visual edge
- Visual Styles - easy customization of the visual appearance of headers, rows and cells using hierarchical styles
- Style Templates - allow you to change the default appearance of Virtual Tree with one setting. Choose from a range of templates including Classic, XP and Vista.
- UITypeEditor support - allows the display of a graphical preview of values. This is the same infrastructure used by the Visual Studio designer to display previews in the property editor. Provides instant support for all the standard types (bitmaps, icons, enumerations). Makes it easy to provide graphical display and editing for your own types.
- Fully customizable - all aspects of the appearance and behaviour of visual elements can be customized using the Virtual Tree widget framework.
- Builtin printing support - no additional libraries required. Printing works out the box - or you can customize using visual styles.
- Royalty Free - Virtual Tree is licensed per developer. You can build as many applications as you want and distribute them without paying any further royalties.
- Source Code Available - you can optionally purchase full source for a reasonable price to guarantee support for your development needs into the future.
- Free minor updates and support