Do you miss the simplicity of programming with ADO under Visual Basic 6? Are you tired of spending precious time creating and configuring ADO.NET DataAdapter, DataSet and Connection classes each time you make a change to your database? Is ADO.NETs disconnected model making your simple desktop application seem like a major enterprise programming task?
Infralution's Virtual Data Objects (VDO) may be the solution you have been waiting for. We give you back the simplicity and flexibility of the traditional ADODB programming model while allowing you to still take advantage of .NETs powerful data binding model.
VDO provides classes that wrap the standard ADODB Connection and Recordset classes allowing them to be used as fully featured data sources for .NET controls such DataGrid, ListBox, ComboBox and of course Infralutions own range of powerful controls.
It only takes two lines of code to populate a DataGrid like the one shown below - with no other design time configuration needed. If you decide to change your database schema there are no coding changes necessary!
Virtual Data Objects Features
- .NET Data Binding - Virtual Recordsets can be used as a Data Source for any .NET data bound control including DataGrid, ListBox, ComboBox and many third party controls .
- Change Notification - see changes you make to recordsets automatically displayed in data bound controls.
- Sorting - controls such as DataGrid and Infraluton's VirtualTree can automatically handle column sorting with no code required
- Filtering - change the WhereClause for a VirtualRecordset and data bound controls will automatically update to display the filtered data.
- Virtual Records - allow individual records within a recordset to be treated as independent objects (with minimal overhead) . This allows you to handle Virtual Records in the same way as any other standard .NET object.
- Strongly Typed Records - optionally create strongly typed records/recordsets - all the benefits of standard recordsets plus strong typing.
- ADODB Recordset Caching - traditional ADO connections limit the number of recordsets that can be open at one time. VDO's recordset caching mechanism allows you to open an unlimited number of VirtualRecordsets.
- ADODB Interoperability - full access to the underlying ADODB API including connection, recordset and field objects
- Transactions - full support for standard ADODB Transactions
- Full Source Code Available - Full source code for Virtual Data Objects can be purchased separately allowing you to fully integrate the classes into your own application.