Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visual Studio 2008 & Learning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
max_carpenter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Visual Studio 2008 & Learning Reply with quote

Good Afternoon, I spoke awhile ago about learning this system but soon after that I dropped it with other learning prorities and I have now come back round to this but sadly I have forgotten it all and I am really struggling again with it.

I have two questions today. The first one is does this system support the up coming Visual Studio 2008 or if not how soon are you planning on supporting it and will it cost to upgrade to the new version that does support it?

Second question is as I am struggling so much and I am not an advanced programmer as it is if I was to purchase the software can I ask for help at silly level if I can't work the first thing out. I have been studying the sample projects and help for the past few hours and I have not even found where I should start. The way I want to license my first application is different from the sample project and I am having troubles changing it and its just making no sense to me. I think it is because I am tired and If I came back to it I would be fine but its nice to know these things before I buy it.

Thanks,

Max

P.S Another question if I buy the software am I alowed to use it on more then one machine as I develop on 3 machines and I am the only developer going to be using it?

Thanks

Thank You
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
max_carpenter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I have managed to the Custom Generator all working how I want but I am struggling to adapt the the Custom Licensed app to work with it, I Changed the generator to still have the Registed to but instead of processors have License type and a Standard or Advanced. Generated a key but when entering it into the App it said the product was not licensed to this person or company.

This program for now is only going to need registered to and license type however other licenses are going to require 1 or 2 more details in the code. I must admit I am struggling as it is. I am new to programming and vb.net I have only been doing it for a short while and have only learnt by practicing and looking up bits as I need it so this is a big leap but I do need it. I no way class my self as good as I can't do things that are really needed but I am getting there slowly. If I crack all of this I think it will be a big help for me.

Could you show me what I am doing wrong in the APP and what needs changing and I think I will have it.

Thanks,
Max.

Thank You
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have two questions today. The first one is does this system support the up coming Visual Studio 2008 or if not how soon are you planning on supporting it and will it cost to upgrade to the new version that does support it?

We've not yet tested under VS2008 - but are not envisaging any great issues with using ILS with 2008. If an upgrade is required to support VS2008 it will not be a paid upgrade.

Quote:
Second question is as I am struggling so much and I am not an advanced programmer as it is if I was to purchase the software can I ask for help at silly level if I can't work the first thing out

You can ask whatever questions you need - be sure to check out the forums first to see whether someone else has had the same issue.

Quote:
I have been studying the sample projects and help for the past few hours and I have not even found where I should start.

Have you found the "Getting Started" section in the online help?

Quote:
Ok I have managed to the Custom Generator all working how I want but I am struggling to adapt the the Custom Licensed app to work with it, I Changed the generator to still have the Registed to but instead of processors have License type and a Standard or Advanced. Generated a key but when entering it into the App it said the product was not licensed to this person or company.

Probably it is a good idea just to get the CustomGenerator and CustomLicenseApp samples compiled and working as they are before making modifications - to ensure you understand the process. There are instructions in the MyGenerator class code file about installing the CustomGenerator so that LicenseTracker will use it. When you create a Product in License Tracker make sure that you type the Custom Generator name "CustomGenerator.MyGenerator, CustomGenerator" (do not select the "NameChecksumGenerator" from the dropdown).

If you are still having issues it is generally easier for us if you can email us (support@infralution.com) a zipped project that illustrates what you are doing.

Quote:
P.S Another question if I buy the software am I alowed to use it on more then one machine as I develop on 3 machines and I am the only developer going to be using it?

You only need one license per developer. If you are the only developer using the machine then you can install it on multiple machines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: