Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Copyright Message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HandyMac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Copyright Message Reply with quote

Just a small point, but on your main web site the copyright message at the bottom of the screen says 2006. May I suggest you update that to reflect 2007?

Even though it is only a small point, as I'm currently looking at the options for purchasing .NET licensing components that little message can give a midleading impression.

Sorry to moan on my very first post on your boards Smile

Andrew
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andrew. As far as I'm aware copyright messages do not have to have the current year to be valid and are not generally intended to indicate the "last update date" of the content. For instance the PHP forum software we are using here has "© 2001, 2005 phpBB Group" at the bottom of the page. Even though the most recent update was in 2007.

Is your concern that it appears we have not updated our software since 2006? If so a quick look at these forums will give you an indication of our activity.

Nevertheless we are happy to update our copyright dates if that makes customers feel more comfortable.
HandyMac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are most probably right about the legality of a copyright notice. What I've invariably done in the past is append a copyright notice to the baseline of web sites I've been responsible for which say words to the effect "Copyright 2001-2007", and the latter year is derived dynamically from the server.

It was just a minor thing that caught my eye. I've been to this web site before in the past but that was without having had any real intention of buying. This time I've got a software product nearly finished so I'm again scouting around and will more than likely purchase in the near future.

I spent last night reviewing the options for obfuscation products. I reckon that if a company comes out with a half-decent obfuscator at a knock-down price they will clean up. Every obfuscator out there seems to have too many zero's on the price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: