Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

license key file question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sputnik

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: license key file question Reply with quote

right now - in a module, I have:
Public StoreFolder As String = application.StartupPath & "\Users\MyAppName.lic"
Public LICENSE_FILE As String = StoreFolder

However when I try to change the path in the InstallLicense function, I get a message saying I didn't have permissions to do that
I also previously go the same message when trying to save it to the system directory

Is there a way to encrypt it, and to save the file in a separate location from the root of the application, or at least somewhere hidden?
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the customer installing your license may not have admin permissions then you should not store the license in the application directory. Instead you should use the common data directory. The sample licensed app project in the latest release of ILS demonstrates how to do this:

Code:
Shared _dataDir As String = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.CommonApplicationData)

Shared _licenseFile As String = _dataDir + "\LicensedApp\LicensedApp.lic"

Note that there were also some changes in this release to support the automatic creation of subdirectories if required. So you should ensure that you have downloaded and installed this version and downloaded the latest source code (using the link and password emailed to you on purchase).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: