Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Evaluation message still appears after entering license key

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keesp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Evaluation message still appears after entering license key Reply with quote

Hi,

Well..in this case I just entered the FAQ header...
since the previous 1.6.1.0 build of VirtualTree, the NAG screen appears four times in Visual Studio, twice during compilation and twice prior to running the application.
I have (therefore) urged the company to buy a license and entered this as was instructed in the email. Now I only get one NAG screen prior to running the application..., which I believe is one too many...
I followed the instructions in the FAQ to no avail...so I am left wondering...

I currently use the virtual tree in a project that is a sub-project of the main application (which is the startup). Could it be possible that the license.licx should be provided in both projects? That would explain why I got so much NAG screens in the first place.

...Or could anything else be the matter...?

Kind regards,

Kees
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason for the increase in prompt screens was that we added a license check for the Controls library (ie UniversalEditBox, VirtualListBox and VirtualDropDownList controls). This would typically mean that when using an unlicensed evaluation version you receive two prompts - one for VirtualTree and one for the Controls library. You should only see the Install License dialogs at compilation if you do a "Rebuild".

Are you seeing an Install License dialog or a simple message box nag screen? Is it for VirtualTree or the Controls library? Is it ocurring when compiling or running? If you use "Rebuild" do you get prompted to install a license?

Open your licenses.licx file for the project - it should contain something like:

Code:

Infralution.Controls.VirtualTree.VirtualTree, Infralution.Controls.VirtualTree, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3e7e8e3744a5c13f
Infralution.Controls.UniversalEditBox, Infralution.Controls, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3e7e8e3744a5c13f

The version shouldn't matter - but you could try changing it to match your current version of VirtualTree or better still just delete this part to leave you with:

Code:

Infralution.Controls.VirtualTree.VirtualTree, Infralution.Controls.VirtualTree
Infralution.Controls.UniversalEditBox, Infralution.Controls

Then Rebuild the whole solution. If you are still receiving the message try deleting the bin and obj directories for each of the projects in your solution and rebuild again. If you get an Install License dialog popping up make sure you enter your license key.
keesp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: nag screens after installing license Reply with quote

Deleting the build and obj files seems to have done the trick!

Thanks,

Kees
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: