Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Non PayPal processing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brettr

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Non PayPal processing Reply with quote

If I want to manually issue licenses for those that pay without PayPal, is it possible to add an asp.net form in place of the PayPal response? I'll manually fill in customer info and issue a license. Email notifications will use the same code and remain automated. I would sort of act as the PayPal response in this case.

I'd like to keep everything going into the same sql server and also keep any serial numbers or other incrementing numbers in synch. Is there something special I need for that to work?

Or, is there a better method for automating generation of a license using non PayPal payment processors?

Thanks,
Brett
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main difficulty with providing a manual entry form would be verification. PayPal provides a mechanism that IPN.NET uses to verify that each post is legitimate. If you provide a the ability to manually enter the details then you will need to verify the credentials of the user. You could do this using the license mechanism itself by requiring entry of a special license key to allow generation of other licenses. You could then verify this license key before proceeding.

Most users simply issue these sort of keys using License Tracker. You can simply set the Starting Serial Number in License tracker to be clearly distinct from those issued by IPN.NET to avoid any clashes.
brettr

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say I'll need to verify the credentials of the user, are you referring to allowing a user to manually enter their info? I'll be the one entering all info.

The problem with License Tracker is that I won't always have access to it. But I will always have access to the web so a web solution is best here. What would I need to do in this case to keep the serials numbers from clashing?

Thanks.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I mean you need a security mechanism to verify that other people can't access your web page and generate keys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: