Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing into a sub folder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brettr

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Installing into a sub folder Reply with quote

Is it possible to run the live and sandbox folders as subfolders on my site rather than as seperate web apps? My site is a web app so I can't create web app sub folders.

If the sub folders arn't possible, is the solution to create root folders for live and sandbox, turn those folders into web apps and create virtual folders out of them so I can reference them as mysite.com/sandbox and mysite.com/live?

Thanks,
Brett
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is it possible to run the live and sandbox folders as subfolders on my site rather than as seperate web apps? My site is a web app so I can't create web app sub folders

The problem here would be that you would be using a single Web.Config file for both - this would mean that to turn on tracing for your sandbox you would also open up the live page.

Normally you create separate subfolders on your web host and set them to be "Root" folders (normally the web site control panel will have an option for the folder called "Set Root"). You can then install the ASP.NET files in the appropriate subfolder and access as mysite.com/sandbox and mysite.com/live.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: