Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update install issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jayw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Update install issues Reply with quote

Hello,

I must be trying to update virtual tree incorrectly. I begin by downloading the installer for the new version and doing the default install steps. When I open up a project, if it was using the previous version I get errors saying that I'm missing LC files. I noticed that the licx files still reference the previous version but the actual dll references in the project were updated correctly. I can get around the LC error by deleting the licx files and dragging the control onto a designer form again to regerenate it, it then references the correct version. However I found that when I do this the compiler can't resolve the namespaces inside the dll anymore. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jay
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theoretically the version numbers in the licenses.licx file should not matter - as Visual Studio will automatically upgrade the references to older version to newer versions. Sometimes however they can cause issues. If you have a problem you can just edit the file and remove the version specific stuff from the reference. So:

Code:
Infralution.Controls.VirtualTree.VirtualTree, Infralution.Controls.VirtualTree, Version=3.3.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3e7e8e3744a5c13f

Becomes:

Code:
Infralution.Controls.VirtualTree.VirtualTree, Infralution.Controls.VirtualTree

I'm not sure what is happening with your references - my guess however is that you may still have an older version of the Infralution DLL's hanging around somewhere (possibly in your project bin directory) that your application is picking up - causing the Visual Studio to get confused when add a design time reference to the new DLL. What is the exact error you are getting from the compiler? Have you purchased source code for Virtual Tree and compiled on your machine?
jayw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that after I did the steps I mentioned above, the project file's references to the Infralution dll's where not longer valid. Once I removed and re-added them it compiled fine. Perhaps removing the version info from the licx file in the beginning would have prevented all of the problems I was having, but in any case I'm back up and running now.

Thanks,
Jay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: