Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obfuscate first or last? (Xenocode)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sputnik

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Obfuscate first or last? (Xenocode) Reply with quote

I use Xenocode to obfuscate my EXE. I am not embedding the DotNet Framework to allow it to work on any system.

I need a good, inexpensive licensing application, and so far, Infralution seems to fall into that category.

My question is (and remember, I haven't even installed Infralution yet, so I'm a real newbie) - should I install the licensing support before or after I obfuscate?

Or - at least, does anyone know if these two products can work together for me?
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using the evaluation version of ILS then your application will reference our Infralution.Licensing.dll and you should be able to obfuscate your application using Xenocode without any issues. When you purchase ILS we supply the source code for the licensing classes in the DLL. This allows you to include the classes directly in your own application. This eliminates the need for the separate DLL and also means the licensing classes (and the calls to them) can be fully obfuscated as part of your application.
rocco76

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using Xenocode too but I can't get the licensing source fully obfuscated in my app; the class name is obfuscated but for the EncryptedLicenseProvider and the EncryptedLicense classes, Reflector shows all the method and property names still in clear text Confused
For the EvalutionMonitor instead all method names are obfuscated.
I've also changed the visibility from Public to Friend where possible but with the same results. Any suggestion? Thank you.
emran834

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also using XenoCode and ILS. I changed the ILS source classes to internal and looks like ILS classes are hidden now. But I may be missing something and most probably the user can see the classes in some other way. It could be really great if no one could know what Licensing Engine we are using to protect our code so that it would make the first step for a hacker very hard to break.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really a XenoCode issue. You do however need to ensure that the classes are not declared public otherwise obfuscators will not obfuscate them. The ILS classes use a conditional block around the class declaration - so that unless you define the compilation constant PUBLIC_LICENSE_CLASS the classes are not defined as public by default.

Other than this their should be no barrier to the classes and methods being fully obfuscated when licensing a standard application.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: