Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

.NET version for a custom ASP key generator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobT

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: .NET version for a custom ASP key generator Reply with quote

I'm trying to incorporate the source files EncryptedLicenseProvider.vb and EncryptedLicense.vb into a custom ASP.NET key generator without using the license tracker system. My web host supports .NET 1.1 but not 2.0. Can this be done?

When I add these two source code files to a VS 2003 ASP.NET project, I get the following errors:

C:\R\VB Projects and Code\Infralution NET 1.1\EncryptedLicenseProvider.vb(834): Constants must be an intrinsic or enumerated type, not a class, structure, or array type.

C:\R\VB Projects and Code\Infralution NET 1.1\EncryptedLicenseProvider.vb(836): Constants must be an intrinsic or enumerated type, not a class, structure, or array type.

C:\R\VB Projects and Code\Infralution NET 1.1\EncryptedLicenseProvider.vb(1010): Operator '<>' is not defined for types 'System.UInt16' and 'System.UInt16'.

C:\R\VB Projects and Code\Infralution NET 1.1\EncryptedLicenseProvider.vb(1025): Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'GenerateKey' can be called with these arguments:
'Private Function GenerateKey(keyStrength As Integer, passwordData() As Byte, productData() As Byte, checksumProductInfo As Boolean, serialNo As Integer) As String': Value of type 'System.UInt16' cannot be converted to 'Integer'.
'Public Overridable Function GenerateKey(keyStrength As Integer, password As String, productInfo As String, checksumProductInfo As Boolean, serialNo As Integer) As String': Value of type '1-dimensional array of Byte' cannot be converted to 'String'.
'Public Overridable Function GenerateKey(keyStrength As Integer, password As String, productInfo As String, checksumProductInfo As Boolean, serialNo As Integer) As String': Value of type '1-dimensional array of Byte' cannot be converted to 'String'.
'Public Overridable Function GenerateKey(keyStrength As Integer, password As String, productInfo As String, checksumProductInfo As Boolean, serialNo As Integer) As String': Value of type 'System.UInt16' cannot be converted to 'Integer'.

Am I trying to do the impossible?

Regards,

Rob
RobT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me try again, as I'm pretty keen to have this answered:

Can I add EncryptedLicenseProvider.vb and EncryptedLicense.vb source files from version ILS 3.4.0.0 into an VS 2003 ASP.NET project?

I have to add these to a VS 2003 project - not a VS 2005 project - because my host's web server supports .NET 1.1 not 2.0.

Are these two files exclusively .NET 2? If so, do you have any .NET 1.1 equivalents which I could use?

Regards,

Rob
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll email you a link to the source code for version 3.2 of ILS that did support .NET1.1. Version 3.2 did not support the checksumProductInfo feature - but other than that keys it generates should be compatible with the current version.
RobT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks. Excellent service!

If I need assistance, I'll give you a shout!

Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: