Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

custome key generate help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhamen12

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: custome key generate help needed Reply with quote

Need Help please

I just purchased the ILS license, now I need to generate my own custom keys throw ASP.NET web page, lets assume I have webform with two textboxes and generate button, I need when every time I click the button a new key is generated. It will be very helpful if someone have a sample code and post it here.

1. I need to know what are the ILS VB classes that I have to include in my ASP.NET project.
2. I need a sample code to generate the license key and include with it the values of the two textboxes as ProductInfo and UserName.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. I need to know what are the ILS VB classes that I have to include in my ASP.NET project.

The VB classes you need to include in your ASP.NET project are EncryptedLicenseProvider.vb and EncryptedLicense.vb.
Quote:
2. I need a sample code to generate the license key and include with it the values of the two textboxes as ProductInfo and UserName.

To generate keys you simply call

Code:
EncryptedLicenseProvider.GenerateKey(keyStrength, password, productInfo, false, serialNo)

The serial number needs to be incremented for each license issued. Usually you would do this by storing the last serial no issued in a file or registry.

You can just pass the UserName in the productInfo - however this will result in fairly long keys. To keep the length of license keys short you can instead include a checksum in the ProductInfo:

productInfo = EncryptedLicense.Checksum(userName)

Then when the user enters the license key you also have them enter their UserName - and check that the checksum matches that in the ProductInfo. The Custom Licensed App sample project illustrates doing this.

You might also want to take a look at our IPN.NET product which is a complete ASP.NET application that handles payments from PayPal, issues licenses keys to customers and emails notifications to you.
dhamen12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help,

IPN.NET must be a good product but, PayPal doesn’t support the country where I live and all my customers are living in the same region so they will not be able to purchase through paypal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: