Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

License Keys Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noohere

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: License Keys Question Reply with quote

Hi,

I have recently purchased your software and am trying to integrate it with my application. I must confess that I am ignorant when it comes to Encryption.

What I am trying to do is to generate two files one containing the LICENSE KEY and another containing the xml LICENSE PARAMETERS. I will then email these to the customers. I will write code in my application to read the license key string and License parameters string and use the EncryptedLicenseProvider.ValidateLicenseKey(string, string) to validate the license.

Is it safe to pass both the License Key and License Parameters in files to the customer instead of embedding the License Parameters in the application code?

Do you see any other problems in my approach?

Primarily I am trying to avoid having to recompile everytime I generate new License Parameters? Any alternatives?

Thanks.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't embed the XML parameters in the application then a tech savvy user could simply generate their own XML parameters using the License Key Generator and then generate their own matching keys.

You could potentially workaround this by using public key encryption to sign the XML parameters file and then validate that it hasn't been tampered with. But if you don't don't know a lot about encryption it would be alot safer to simply embed the parameters in the code. The parameters generally only need to be regenerated if you change the product password (which you might do for a major new release) - not each time you issue a license.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: