Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DataSet binding problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrifeSD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: DataSet binding problems Reply with quote

I'm interested in purchasing the virutal tree control but I'm running into a problem that I can't figure out. I've got a typed data set with 2 tables connected via relationship. I'd like group the data similar to the ADO DataSet browser example. When I try to create the bindings in the Virtual tree Editor to the data via DataRow and columns no data is displayed. Only when I create a empty DataView with no columns does the data show up. The empty DataView has no bound columns, but is bound to the datasource table. In the ADO example there is a DataView bound to the first column, but nothing else. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the issue is how you have defined your RowBindings. Make sure you have read the section in the online help on binding to Datasets.

If you could email a zipped copy of your project to support@infralution.com that would probably help us resolve your issue quickly. Failing that could at least email the code from your form containing virtual tree we could take a look at how you have defined your bindings.
StrifeSD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can I find the on-line help? I don't see a dataset binding section in the FAQ section. Thanks
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - "online" is an overloaded term. I mean the integrated help that is installed when you install Virtual Tree. You can access this from the desktop Start->Program Files->Infralution->Virtual Tree->Documentation menu or by opening Visual Studio help contents and locating the Virtual Tree topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: