Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unhandled Exception: The only allowable password in evaluati

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marco

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Unhandled Exception: The only allowable password in evaluati Reply with quote

Hi,

I purchased the IPN and created a file "Infralution.Ipn.lic"
with one line of text containing the serial number.

When I try to post data with the IPN Test Tool I keep on getting the following error:

Unhandled Exception: LicenseException
Message: The only allowable password in evaluation mode is 'TEST'
Stack Trace:
at Infralution.Licensing.EncryptedLicenseProvider.GenerateKey(Int32 keyStrength, String password, String productInfo, Int32 serialNo)
at _Default.GenerateLicenseKeys(PurchaseItem item, Int32 count) in c:\Data\Code\IPN_Source\IPN\Default.aspx.cs:line 188
at _Default.ProcessPurchaseItem(PurchaseItem item, Int32 quantity) in c:\Data\Code\IPN_Source\IPN\Default.aspx.cs:line 270

This occurs on the method:
string key = provider.GenerateKey(item.KeyStrength, password, item.ProductInfo, serialNo);

In the password I have my own product password
the ProductInfo is empty
the serialNo is the incremental number.

Can you give me any directions how I can resolve this issue?

Do I have to put my product LicenseParameters into the IPN server?

Regards,

Marco
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The online help section "Licensing the IPN.NET Server" details how to install both your IPN License and your ILS license for the IPN.NET Server. The two licenses are independant because you can purchase IPN.NET without purchasing ILS.

See the extract below:

Quote:
Installing the Infralution Licensing System License Key

If you wish to use IPN.NET to generate license keys using the Infralution Licensing System (ILS) then you must first purchase an ILS license key. To allow IPN.NET to generate license keys you need to install the ILS license key in the IPN.NET Server bin directory. If a license key for ILS is not installed then the IPN.NET server will throw an exception if you try to generate license keys with any password other than "TEST". To install the ILS license key for IPN.NET simply copy the Infralution.Licensing.EncryptedLicenseProvider.lic file that contains your ILS license key (typically found in the C:\Program Files\Infralution\Infralution Licensing System\LicenseTracker directory) to the IPN.NET Server solution bin directory ( C:\Program Files\Infralution\IPN.NET\IPN\bin).

When you purchase ILS you are supplied the source code for the EncryptedLicense and EncryptedLicenseProvider classes. This means that you can include these classes directly in your IPN.NET solution (under the App_Code directory). This removes the need to install the ILS license key (because the source code provided does not check for the ILS license). Note that if you do this you should add #define PUBLIC_LICENSE_CLASS to the top of both classes to enable the classes to be used from ASP.NET. You should also remove the Infralution.Licensing.dll from the bin directory.

marco

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. That helped. I was reading the wrong section at
mshelp://Infralution.IPN.Help/Infralution.IPN.Help/html/GettingStarted.htm
There it missed some essential information.

Installing Licenses
If you have purchased a license for the Infralution Licensing System then you should install a copy of your ILS license key in the bin directory of the IPN.NET server solution. If a license key for ILS is not installed then the IPN.NET server will throw an exception if you try to generate license keys with any password other than "TEST".

When you purchase IPN.NET you will be given a separate license key for it which should also be installed in the bin directory. Once this key is installed emails generated by IPN.NET will no longer include the evaluation message. See Licensing the IPN.NET Server for more information on installing license keys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: