Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Evaluation Monitor request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newyuppie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Evaluation Monitor request Reply with quote

in order to address several requests i've seen throughout the forums, i think it could be a nice addition to Evaluation Monitor if it could store in the registry some sort of computer identificator along with the dates and usage counters. maybe even make a new class RegistryMonitor or similar, which could store and manipulate different hidden registry keys not only dates and usage, but maybe computer id, computer name, network user. maybe even have a key that stores the License and avoid having the extra .lic file.

this way we could implement PC locking without having to ask our users for PC details. rather, the eval monitor would store the first date of use on the registry, along with the computer that first used the product. if they copy the product to a different computer, we could perform checking that the current running computer id is the same as the one stored in the registry the first time the program was run.

i really havent given much thought to this idea yet but i wanted to know what you thought about it, maybe its not such a good addition, but you are the experts so wanted to hear your opinion on this.

thanks
PA
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could probably extend EvaluationMonitor so that you can store a user defined string in the same registry key that EvaluationMonitor uses. I don't think however that this would help with locking a license to the PC. In this case the license key contains ProductInfo data that identifies the PC that the license is for (eg a hash of the computer name). It doesn't matter if the license is not hidden because it can't be used with any other computer anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: