Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Evaluation invalid flag being set incorrectly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taytay

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Evaluation invalid flag being set incorrectly? Reply with quote

I have had a couple of users (in a very small sample set of 15 or so) tell me that they are getting an expired evaluation after upgrading my software. I looked at the conditions under which I expire the key, and it looks like the evaluation monitor is getting its Invalid flag tripped somehow. This is surprising to me, as I don't believe either user has changed their system clock drastically. Is there anything else that might cause it? I saw someone else report this back in April 2005, and it makes me think something fishy might be going on? Have you had other reports of this or seen other cases?

Many thanks,

Taylor
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of source code are you using?

There was an issue fixed in V3.2.1 that could cause the Invalid flag to be set incorrectly in some rare circumstances due to issues with registry permissions. There was also an issue fixed in V3.3.1 that could cause the Invalid flag to be set incorrectly if the user changes locale (or DateTime format) after first running the application.

You can download the latest source code using your original download link and password.
Rich

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have a customer in the field with a trial version that has suffered this fate with V3.2.0, I can only assume due to registry permissions.

Wondering what my options are, as I'd rather not release a piece of code that blindly resets the eval monitor - just in case it got into the wrong hands!

The only options I can think of:

1. Release a patch to my app to ignore the Invalid flag, and just use EvaluationMonitor.DaysInUse.

2. Release a patch to the app that changes the productID to fix this customers problems, but this would mean other existing customers would need new license keys when they next upgraded.

Do I have any other options here - e.g is enough known about the registry permission issue that could be used to fix the Invalid flag without compromising my products licensing?

Obviously I'd ship the latest version of Infralution licensing with the patches.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Rich

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the first question I should have asked is... Would just updating to the latest infralution version mean that the customers machine would start working and the invalid flag not be set?
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I guess the first question I should have asked is... Would just updating to the latest infralution version mean that the customers machine would start working and the invalid flag not be set?

Yes if this is the problem then updating your EvaluationMonitor code to the latest should mean that that the Invalid flag will not get set.
Rich

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, that's fixed the issue for the customer.

Thanks for your prompt response, as it allowed me, in turn, to provide a quick response!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: