Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Substitute old virtual tree with new version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nowaks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Substitute old virtual tree with new version Reply with quote

Hello,

what is the fastest and simplest way to substitute old version of virtual tree with new version of virtual tree in my projects?

After uninstalling the old version and installing the new version of virtual tree, the reference (that contains the version number) to the old version within my project will be lost. So I have to remove all virtual trees in my project and add the new ones. But If I do so, all of my customizations, configurations (data binding configs) events etc. will be gone.

Is there a better way to do this?

Regards,
Christoph Nowak
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow these steps.

1. Close all instances of Visual Studio
2. Uninstall the old version
3. Install the new version
4. Open your project - but don't open any designers. If a designer happens to be open close it without saving.
5. Check your references to the Infralution assemblies (for VB projects you may have to click "Show All Files" to display the referenced assemblies)
6. If the references are no longer valid then remove them and readd them.

This process will not affect your code or databindings etc. The only way these can be affected is if you open a designer when you don't have valid references to an assembly that is used by designer. In this case Visual Studio is inclined to drop all of the affected code. If you accidently open a designer and you get errors then make sure you don't save it.

Having said all that you should also be using a Version Control system (such as CVS) or ensure that you have an effective backup of your work before upgrading.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: