Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Evaluation Setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soltecllc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Evaluation Setup Reply with quote

I would like to setup an evaluation period for my software. At the end of the evaluation, cripple the program, but allow it to continue to run in crippled mode indefinitely. Can this be done?

Also, I would like to be able to create a evaluation copy that will only run for a specific number of days with key entry. Can this also be done?
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would like to setup an evaluation period for my software. At the end of the evaluation, cripple the program, but allow it to continue to run in crippled mode indefinitely. Can this be done?

Yes you can use the EvaluationMonitor class to determine if your evalaution period has expired and then simply disable features. What you do when the evaluation period expires is entirely your choice - see the Licensed Application sample project for an example of using the EvaluationMonitor.

Quote:
Also, I would like to be able to create a evaluation copy that will only run for a specific number of days with key entry. Can this also be done?

You can generate a license key with Product Info included in it that allows you to set the evaluation period parameters. For instance you might set the ProductInfo to "E45". Which would mean a 45 day evaluation. When the user runs your program you prompt them for this key (exit if they don't enter one) and then check the Evaluation Period has been less than the amount defined in the ProductInfo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: