Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Virtual Tree Upgrade 2.5.x to 3.0.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donetteh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Virtual Tree Upgrade 2.5.x to 3.0.1 Reply with quote

Today I purchased the latest Virtual Tree release (3.0.1). I had been working with 2.5.x (I think it was .3) on a trial basis. I'm using .net 2.0 VS2005. I had an existing project which was created using Virtual Tree 2.5, now with 3.0 it runs, but the Designer Mode in VS2005 gives the error:

Could not find type 'myNameSpace:myType'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built.

I have a type within the project namespace myNameSpace:

class myType: Infralution.Controls.VirtualTree.VirtualTree

I also get a compile warning:

"Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information"

Can you please give some direction on what my problem is?

Thank You
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Could not find type 'myNameSpace:myType'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built.

The above error is most likely because you have opened the designer which contains your custom control before you have built the solution. Rebuild your solution (successfully) first before opening designers which contain the control.

Quote:
I also get a compile warning:

"Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information"

Can you please give some direction on what my problem is?

Have a look in the Visual Studio Output window when you perform a build - this usually provides more useful information. There were several changes from V2.5 to V3 that may break code that uses specific features. Check out the Release Notes (installed in the Virtual Tree program folder) for more details.

When switching references to a new version of a DLL it is also usually a good idea to remove the old references, add the new references and then exit Visual Studio and reopen the project. This forces the Visual Studio designer to use the new version of the referenced DLL for displaying controls in the Designer. Otherwise you can end up with the designer using one version of the DLL and code another.
donetteh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that did it. I removed old references, added new ones, reopened project and rebuilt. It is good now. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: