Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple licenses in ASP .net app

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cwast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Multiple licenses in ASP .net app Reply with quote

I need help implementing a licensing scheme. What I have is an asp.net application which we will be selling to customers and they will be hosting the web app and database. I need to be able to issue each user in this application their own license so that I can control the functionality that the user should have based upon the license.

So I think what I need to do is put the userID and the functionality information into the ProductInfo field but my question is where do I actually do the check for this information and does the license get cached or not? If it is cached, then I need to basically clear all licenses before I log in a different user. If not, I need to be able to access the current license at the times the functionality should be locked down, and I still need to be able to change the license at will.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From you description probably the best course would be to store separate license keys for each user. When the user logs in you can then retrieve the license key (probably from a database) for that user and use EncryptedLicenseProvider.ValidateLicenseKey to read the license from the key and extract the ProductInfo. Then you would enable/disable functionality accordingly. See the Custom Licensed Application sample for an example of reading and validating license keys yourself in this way.

You probably would not need to include the userID in the license key product info - unless you wished to validate this. If so you would be better including an EncryptedLicense.Checksum of say the users name and then checking this (in order to keep the ProductInfo and hence the license key short).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: