Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trial Licenses Daycount

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject: Trial Licenses Daycount Reply with quote

Hi Forum,

I am working on a project I inherited which uses the Infralution License tracker. It is possible to trial the software and there is a product for the trial listed in the product section. The trial Period is 21 days.

The issue I am having is, the trial period is counted down after creation of the licsenses, not after authentication or it seems that way at least.

I always create trial licenses in bulk and send the keys out if a customer requests one, but for some keys the trialperiod is already ended when the customer enters the supplied key.

any idea how to solve this?
the keys have no expiry date set since i do not know when a customer requests a key.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two ways to provide trial periods in Infralution Licensing System. The most common way is to use the RegistryEvaluationMonitor class to implement an evaluation period during which the software will work without the user having to enter a license key. The trial period just starts automatically when the user first uses the software.

The second alternative, which it sounds like you are currently using, is to issue license keys with an expiry date. Normally to do this you would create a "Product Variant" for your Product in License Tracker for issuing trial licenses. In the "Key Generation" tab for the trial variant you set the "Expiry Date" parameters. You can set the Expiry Date to be a set number of days from either the date the key is generated, or after the key is first authenticated. This second option should give you the solution you want.
KM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

Option two seems to be the prefered optoion here.
You mentioned I can set the Expiry Date to a set number of days and I am looking for the "after first authenticated" option. I am unsure where I enter the amount of days.
I have three fields

expiry date
floating licenses
product info

so far I entered 10 or 21 in the "product info" field which generated 10 or 21 day trials. but somehow the last batch I created startet counting down from the date the key was generated. How do I change this to "first authentication" again?
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you are trying to do it the wrong way. You can't generate an individual license key and set the expiry date to be based on on when it is first authenticated. As you note there is no option to do this - for an individual license key you have to set the expiry date. You have to create a variant product as I described in my previous post and in the Key Generation tab you can set the option. You then generate license keys for the variant product. The Authentication Server "recognises" these keys and will automatically set their expiry date when they are first authenticated
KM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now I got it and I also found the setting you mentioned thanks.

but the Expiry Date settings are greyed out and I was not able to activate them. I am unsure why this is the case.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Expiry Date settings could be greyed out if you have been using ILS since Version 4 and the "Backward compatibility" option is set to "Version 4". See the following FAQ for guidance on this:

http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3078
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: