Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IPN listener or equivalent
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:47 am    Post subject: IPN listener or equivalent Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I have downloaded and installed Licensing System 6 and IPN.NET for a trial. I have gone through the folder of \Infralution\IPN.NET 4\Server, but I haven't found IPN listener or its equivalent.

IPN.NET Help say:
Quote:
Next we need to configure our PayPal sandbox business account to post payment notifications to our IPN.NET Server URL. To do this log in to your PayPal Sandbox business account and click the Profile tab. Under Selling Preferences select the Instant Payment Notification Preferences. Click the Edit button then tick the checkbox and enter the URL where your IPN.NET server is installed (eg http://www.mycompany.com/sandbox/default.aspx).

I upload "Infralution\IPN.NET 4\Server\default.aspx" to a browser, but it says:
Quote:
This is an evaluation version of IPN.NET. Use the Install Form to install a license.

So, where is the IPN listener or its equivalent located?

Thanks

Richard
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the correct web address. PayPal posts to that address - so it doesn't care what the HTML on the page actually is. The text on the page just is a reminder that you are using an evaluation version of IPN.
Richard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
That is the correct web address. PayPal posts to that address - so it doesn't care what the HTML on the page actually is. The text on the page just is a reminder that you are using an evaluation version of IPN.

Thanks. But this is not IPN listener or IPN handler that PayPal requires, and I also need some functionality that IPN.NET does not provide. Can you please give me a hint how to do it? Thanks again.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks. But this is not IPN listener or IPN handler that PayPal requires,

What makes you think that?

We use IPN.NET ourselves to receive payments as do our many existing customers. To set up the PayPal IPN notification go to your PayPal account settings (the cog). On the left panel select "Website Payments", then in the next page select the "Update" link next to "Instant payment notifications". This allows you to set the Notification URL for IPN - which you should set to the address of your IPN service (note that this must be running on a publicly visible web server so PayPal can access it.

Quote:
and I also need some functionality that IPN.NET does not provide. Can you please give me a hint how to do it?

You'd have to tell me what the functionality is first.
Richard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What makes you think that?
I have examples of ipn_listener or ipn_handler which allows sellers to adjust to serve their different needs.

Quote:
You'd have to tell me what the functionality is first.
To send one email to a buyer rather send separate email for each product that a buyer choose.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have examples of ipn_listener or ipn_handler which allows sellers to adjust to serve their different needs.

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by that? IPN.NET handles IPN notifications from PayPal as documented in https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/products/instant-payment-notification/

Quote:
To send one email to a buyer rather send separate email for each product that a buyer choose.

That would require changes to the source code to support. You can purchase source code for the IPN.NET Server to allow you to make changes if you want.
Richard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That would require changes to the source code to support. You can purchase source code for the IPN.NET Server to allow you to make changes if you want.
Thanks. If I purchase source code, which file (file name) should I modify? I guess this will be the final question for this matter at this moment.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be in the PaymentProcessor.cs class. It would be a substantial change because the software is currently structured to process each purchased product independently. You would probably need to change it so that each product processed returned part of the text to be included in the final email.
Richard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
This would be in the PaymentProcessor.cs class. It would be a substantial change because the software is currently structured to process each purchased product independently. You would probably need to change it so that each product processed returned part of the text to be included in the final email.
Then there would be a much more substantial change if I need to add another Online Payment System, for example, Amazon Payments. Am I right?
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not necessarily. IPN.NET in addition to handling PayPal IPN Notifications also has a JSON api that you can call from external sites. There are various integration tools like Zapier that allow you to plug together ecommerce systems to interface with JSON Apis like IPN.NET. See:

http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3065
Richard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
Not necessarily. IPN.NET in addition to handling PayPal IPN Notifications also has a JSON api that you can call from external sites. There are various integration tools like Zapier that allow you to plug together ecommerce systems to interface with JSON Apis like IPN.NET. See:
http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3065

Oh, boy! It is getting more complicated and more parties involved. I feel I'd better handle PayPal IPN myself. It is much more straightforward. So, is it possible just use your License Tracker and Authentication Service?
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, is it possible just use your License Tracker and Authentication Service?

Yes it is possible. We provide an API (Infralution.Licensing.Data which is what IPN.NET uses) which allows you to build an application that generates licenses. See the Command Line Key Generator sample project. If you are intending to accept payments from PayPal it would really be much easier to use IPN.NET then to build that functionality yourself. If you wanted to modify the way it works you can purchase the source code. Implementing your own IPN notification handler is not trivial.
Richard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes it is possible.
1, Then I have to leave all entries empty on IPN.NET page of Add/Edit Product dialogue, right?
2, Will it cause any problem?
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Correct
2. No
Richard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
1. Correct
2. No
Thanks a lot.
To avoid any misunderstanding, I'd like to make sure that you have seen the image of the empty IPN.NET page I sent to you through email. Please confirm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: