Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Migrate existing local mdb to sql database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drewgabler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Migrate existing local mdb to sql database Reply with quote

What is the best method to migrate an existing local access database to an sql server db?

Specifically I would like to use a different machine to import and test the db setup so as to not interfere with our production licensing setup. We are currently using v5, but would like to upgrade to V6 in the future.

Thank you,

Drew
drewgabler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured out the issues I was having with upgrading the local access database to our new sql server. I found I had a a copy of the .mdb that had already been upgraded to version 6 during our evaluation. Version 5 installer silently failed to load the new version of the file and would encounter a parsing error when attempting to copy to the database to the sql server.

To resolve the issue I copied a fresh version of the file, ran the setup to point to the .mdb, and then reran the setup to point to the sql server.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you were able to resolve the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: