Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to use the Infralution Licensing system for building cus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bipra Mohanty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: How to use the Infralution Licensing system for building cus Reply with quote

I am not getting anything in building a licensed version of my application for a certain time period.I am using the Infralution.Licensing.dll but it is always driving me towards the 30days trial version.

Please guid me in building the licensed applciation.I am using C# for building my application.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. Do you want to issue license keys with a fixed expiry date? If so you can include the date in the Product Info data for the key - then read this in your application and check against the current date.
Bipra Mohanty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Licensing Validation Reply with quote

I want generated a license key using the l;icense tracker for a certain period.Bu ti am not able to check the validity period.

Precisely i want to generate license key for any time period.it will expire after thatcertain period and i have to generate another new key to access the application again[/i]
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't just include a time period (eg 2 months) in the license key because otherwise the customer could just reenter the same key each time to keep extending the license. This would work OK if you didn't want to allow further extensions after first installing a key. I think you'll have to embed an actual expiry date in the key (which you can work out at the time the license is issued). Have a look at the Custom Generator sample program to see how to extend License Tracker to do this. Instead of embedding the number of licensed processors as the sample does you will embed the expiry date. Make sure you look at the instructions at the top of the "MyGenerator" code file for installing the Generator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: