Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is it possible to encrypt without strong naming my assembly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> .NET Encryptor Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDaniele

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: is it possible to encrypt without strong naming my assembly? Reply with quote

Hello.
I am evaluating .Net Encryptor for my company, and i have a question. As far as i can understand, .Net Encryptor require the assembly that i want to encrypt, to be signed with a strong name. This lead to the problem that we must then proceed to sign every dll/project that is referenced. Since this process is not an option at the moment, my question is, is it possible to use .Net Encryptor in another way ?
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it is not possible to use .NET Encryptor without strong naming the entry assembly. .NET Encryptor uses the strong name to ensure that only the application signed with your unique strong name can decrypt and load the the assemblies.

If you are using a 3rd party DLL assembly that is not strong named then it is possible to strong name it using your own assembly (or better still request a strong named version from the author). See:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15459816/third-party-dll-does-not-have-strong-name
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> .NET Encryptor Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: