Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Server Application Unavailable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jammer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Server Application Unavailable Reply with quote

Hi,

I seem to having a lot of trouble getting the IPN Service up and running. I've gotten the authentication service running on one of my domains. All working fine in a subdmain. Now I'm popping the IPN service onto another of my domains as per the advice.

The IPN service however, I simply cannot get working. I first tried deploying it in the same way I did the authentication service, but this service seems to require a virtual directory which my hosting doesn't seem to like on sub-domains, so I moved it to a directory.

The server is running .NET2 so I uploaded the web.config.NET2 as instructed and renamed it. The virtual directory is set up with an alias of gateway.

When I visit the url <domain>/ipn I see a listing of files, not the welcome page. (I've checked the default docs setting on the domain and moved index.php & default.aspx to the top of the list (I'm running on Hybrid hosting).

The site is definitely running .NET2.

All I get from the service when attempting to visit Install.aspx is an error:

"Server Application Unavailable

The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur. "

So at the moment I've removed the subdomain version (as I can't setup VD on it anyway and this was also called gateway so the DNS may be causing an issue - currently waiting for the DNS to percolate).

I've looked over the .NET2 config file and all looks good. I'm also waiting for more info on the error log from my hosting company. But thought I'd message here as well in case support might know if previous users had seen anything like this.

I've been trying various things for a week with no luck and this is the only stumbling block I have left on pulling the trigger on buying your whole software suite!! Grrrrrrrrrr.

I hate not having full control of servers. Without more info on the error I'm pretty much helpless until I have a clue of the .NET error being produced.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting IPN.NET web service running should be identical to the Authentication Server. The only differences is the IPN.NET sends emails and this can require some additional permissions from your host. From you description however this is not the issue and the problem is just getting the web service to run.

The directory containing the IPN.NET files (Web.config, Install.aspx etc) must be configured to be a virtual application directory (sometimes called a virtual root directory). This allows the files under the directory to function as a separate ASP.NET application. It sounds like this is not the case for your setup.

Note that if you are not using the JSON API then you could try just using the standard Web.Config instead of the Web.Config.NET2.
Jammer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks will try this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: