Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want to create temporary virtual data object buffers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Data Objects Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Want to create temporary virtual data object buffers Reply with quote

I have a need for temporary data storage during flat file processing of import data. After file processing is completed, the temporary data is then processed through my VDO recordsets normally and so forth.

Ideally, I would like to store the data in a strongly typed virtual record subclass, however, I am finding that impossible under normal circumstances for the following reasons:

Only way to create such a record is to use AddNew() method, which requires a virtual recordset and verifies that database constraints are all being implemented.

Short of creating duplicate classes with identical properties and no database connections, do you guys see any clever way to do this using my existing strongly typed VDO classes?

Thanks.

-- Mike R.
MikeR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Answer my own question Reply with quote

Typical with me after a short period of reflection (pun intended).

Since I am using a code generator to generate my strongly typed virtual datasets / VDO classes, I just extended the generator to create my temporary classes with identical property names to my VDO records. Works great, and the generic code is faster than the other way around, which makes sense, since the database interface is no longer involved in the process of caching temporary import data.

But thanks anyway.

cheers

-- Mike R.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are a very easy customer, in that you always solve your own problems
MikeR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject: Easy customer Reply with quote

Yes, I am a cheap date

:>

-- Mike R.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Data Objects Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: