Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
codenut

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: a question Reply with quote

I'm testing your demo package and I have a question regarding the number of keys required.

If I want to have individual keys for each registration can I say run off 100 keys and then come back later and run off another set of 100, and if I do this will the second set of 100 be different than the first.

Or will I say have to run off 200 and then just cycle through those?

Thanks
news://news.winextra.com
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each key is generated using a client ID. The Start Client ID specifies the ID to use for the first key which then increments for the remaining keys. Provided you change the Start Client ID to 100 before generating the second set of keys, all the keys will be unique.

In the next major release of the system (which is a free upgrade for existing customers) we will be including a database which keeps track of the client IDs for you and maintains a record of all the keys generated (plus other customer management facilities).
codenut

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
Each key is generated using a client ID. The Start Client ID specifies the ID to use for the first key which then increments for the remaining keys. Provided you change the Start Client ID to 100 before generating the second set of keys, all the keys will be unique.

great .. thanks for the quick response.

Infralution wrote:
In the next major release of the system (which is a free upgrade for existing customers) we will be including a database which keeps track of the client IDs for you and maintains a record of all the keys generated (plus other customer management facilities).

excellent - as a now registered owner of your component (development@winextra.com) I'm looking forward to this addition - will save me some work and I like that Very Happy

btw one of my deciding points on the purchase was you quick response to my question. That kind of quick response in support is invaluable.
news://news.winextra.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: