Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

increase Max Authentications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject: increase Max Authentications Reply with quote

Hi Forum,

I tried to find a post regarding this but I could not find exactely what I needed, if i missed the entry please forward a link, thanks.

I inherrited a project using the Infralution License Tracker and I was wondering how I can increase the Max Authentications. The way the tracker is integrated in the project, everytime a customer changes a computer the autentication count was increased manually in the license tracker, in order to enable the customer to use the same license key. this however does currently not work since I can not edit the entries in the Max authentications column.

if this is not the best way to do this, is there alernatively an automated way
to deactivate the license as customer and reactivate the same license?
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using the Version 6 of ILS then you can allow the customer to transfer licenses by themselves, by uninstalling the license from the original computer - which deactivates the installation, allowing the license to be installed on a new computer. You can control how many times a user can do this by setting the Max Deauthentications count over a set period of days.

If you are using an earlier version of ILS or if the customer has an issue with their PC that prevents them uninstalling the license key then you can manually deactivated their original installation by expanding the license key to show authentications, then selecting the authentication for the PC and select "Authentication > Deactivate" from the License Tracker menu. This is better than just increasing the authentications for the license key, because increasing the Max Authentications means that the user can now use the license on multiple PCs - which is probably not what you want.
KM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply,

sometimes the customers pc is completely chrashed and they are not able to deactivate the old license. This means the license stays active on the old device and with an increased max authentication count they can use the same key on another computer or would this be the case where I manually deactivate the key?
To my understanding deactivating a key in the licensekey list would mean the
key is no longer valid. Is this not the case? if not how do I permanently deactivate a license then?

I am using Infralution License Tracker 6.4.1.0 but I am unsure if the software project does so as well, if that matters.
I would prefere to enable the customer deauthenticate the licenses themselves, but how do I enable this exactely?
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't deactivate the key (that will indeed stop it working). You deactivate the authentication (ie installation). To see this expand the license key and you will see the authentications. Select the authentication (PC installation) and deactivated it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: