Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Authenticated licenses with a Maintenance Plan
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ILS provides a sample projects showing how to implement Floating Licenses. The exact implementation is up to you. This means if your client floating licenses require access to information from the Authentication data then you can modify the code for the FloatingLicense to add this as a property and change LicenseServer.GetLicense to read the data from the local license and initialise the FloatingLicense with it.

The sample FloatingLicense project did change significantly in Version 6 because Version 6 does include more specific support for floating licenses. In particular the number of allowed Floating Licenses can now be set as a separate parameter for license keys from License Tracker (meaning you no longer have to use the ProductInfo or AuthenticationData for this purpose and making it easier to track in License Tracker.
Andrius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to ignore expired licenses when checking authentication for new license installs? "DisableExpiredLicenses" is false but I get LicenseExpiredException when ExpiryDate is passed current date/time.

Thanks.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you update the LicenseParameters XML that is embedded in your application after setting DisableExpiredLicenses to false?

The DisableExpiredLicenses value embedded in the application code is the one which the application code uses.
Andrius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I used sample "Authenticated WPF application" app:
    added "<DisableExpiredLicenses>False</DisableExpiredLicenses>" to the code's LICENSE_PARAMETERS property
    unticked "Disable Expired Licenses" in the tracker for "Sample Authenticated Product"
    generated expired license key
    entered license key in the "Authenticated WPF application" app
I get "The license key has exceeded its expiry date" - which is technically correct, but I would like to accept even expired license. Is this not possible?
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried this with the current released software and it seems to be working as expected. I unchecked the "Disable Expired Licenses" property for the product in License Tracker, then regenerated the Validation parameters and copied the updated parameters into the code for the Authenticated WPF Application project. I issued a license key and set the expiry date in the past. I could install the the license without issue. It will display the message in the license status (eg "License expired on: 25/03/2019 10:55 AM") - however the application will still run and you can check the license.Expired property to determine whether you wish to limit some functionality based on this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: