Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paypal Sandbox--No License Issued

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cowdogman2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: Paypal Sandbox--No License Issued Reply with quote

Hi:

I'm evaluating IPN.

Using the Infralution IPN Test Tool, no problem--I get payment confirmation email and the user gets the license code email.

Using the Paypal Sandbox IPN Simulator--I get the payment confirmation email, but IPN is not generating/sending the license code email.

Using the same email addresses in both. I've checked the trace on the Paypal Sandbox IPNs and the emails are the same as I'm using in the IPN Test Tool.

Any thoughts?

Brad
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can turn on tracing for the IPN.NET Web application (as described in the help). This will enable you to see whether or not any posts are actually being made to the site. If not it may be because you haven't configured your IPN URL address correctly in the sandbox. However other users have recently reported that the PayPal sandbox has been extremely slow and unreliable. If this is the case you may be better off just using the live PayPal - but while testing change the prices of your products to a few cents (so that you aren't paying PayPal much in commission when testing with a live PayPal account).
cowdogman2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, PayPal sandbox is erratic. Creating test customer accounts would not work on my Windows computers. I saw one PayPal forum suggestion to try from a Mac and so I tried it--it worked immediately. Go figure.

Regarding my issue, I am already using trace and the the IPNs from PayPal are coming in. And IPN.NET is sending me a payment confirmation. But (here is the problem) it is not sending out the license key to the "customer" (who is not using a free email account).

Thanks.
cowdogman2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've worked on this issue some more with no luck, and so will try the live PayPal testing.

I did run across the following note on the PayPal IPN Simulator troubleshooting page at the PayPal site (https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/ipn/integration-guide/IPNSimulator/#simulator_troubleshooting): "You have to change the code in your listener to post your response to the Sandbox URL at https://ipnpb.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr, instead of the live URL https://ipnpb.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr."

I don't see anywhere in IPN.NET to make this change, but this may explain why I am getting the initial IPN from PayPal, but the license code is not being sent out--that is, because the purchase is not being verified by the Paypal sandbox. Is that right?
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IPN.NET automatically posts responses back to the correct sandbox address when posts come from the sandbox. You should ensure that when you configure IPN.NET from License Tracker you have set "Allow Test Posts" set to true and "Verify PayPal Posts" also set to true when testing with the Sandbox. Once you complete testing you should uncheck the "Allow Test Posts" option to prevent Test Posts being used to generate license keys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: