Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need for Directory Permissions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cowdogman2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Need for Directory Permissions Reply with quote

Hi:

I'm evaluating IPN on a WinHost site and I'm following the IPN setup instructions in your IPN help, specifically:

"Under the main virtual directory create the following sub-directories and configure their permissions:

App_Data - Read and Write permissions
Bin - Read permission
Logs - Read and Write permissions"

On Winhost sites it does not appear possible to set the individual folder permissions--either thru the WinHost site manager or using IIS. All WinHost folders are set to read/write. I have a support ticket open on this issue with WinHost, but am not hopeful it is going to get resolved.

What is the importance of the Bin having read only permission?

Thanks.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't matter if you can't change the permissions on the bin directory. What is important is the that web app has permissions to write to the App_Data and Logs directories.
cowdogman2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. That's what I was hoping you would say.

Unrelated question if I may: I'm testing IPN on a remote server. It's working (sales are being recorded) except I am getting the below error messages in Trace. I have tried various email configurations (SMTP, Port, different addresses). No luck. Any suggestions?

SendEmail Exception (Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.Mail.SmtpPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.) - Retry 0 0.0268613 0.000915
SendEmail Exception (Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.Mail.SmtpPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.) - Retry 1 1.0325341 1.005673
Unhandled Exception: SecurityException
Message: Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.Mail.SmtpPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
Stack Trace:
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is because your host has not enabled applications to send mail. You will need to contact them to ask them to change the .NET Framework permissions to allow this.
cowdogman2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll check in with WinHost.

I did just see in the WinHost forums various posts stating: "It doesn't sound like the SMTP authentication is being passed correctly in your ASP.Net application."

With a link to this page:

https://support.winhost.com/kb/a650/how-to-send-email-in-asp_net.aspx

Thanks for the reply.

Brad
cowdogman2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi:

WinHost had some port suggestions that worked for me.

Thanks for your help. Nice product.

Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: