Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some new user questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cq

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Some new user questions Reply with quote

Hi

I just purchased ILS. It's really a great product!

I implemented ILS in my components development project, and I've successfully entered a valid license key. My test application is now working in licensed mode.

Now, I need further testing, and the questions are:

- How revert back my components project to unlicensed mode (exactly the state before entering valid license key)?

- How revert back to unlicensed the .EXE application that I use for testing my components project (exactly the state before compiling using licensed components)?

- I've tried to simply delete the LICX file, but this caused me a lot of errors, and both components and test applications stopped to work. Is deletion of LICX file prohibited or what? How can I revert an accidental LICX deletion?

- Ive embedded source code in my components project. Since my Strict Option is off, I got an error with the line:
If DataEquals(_productData, keyValue) Then
I've translated it to:
Dim dum() As Byte = {CType(keyValue, Byte)}
If DataEquals(_productData, dum) Then
Is this correct?

Thank you very much.

cq
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How revert back my components project to unlicensed mode (exactly the state before entering valid license key)?

If you mean your project that you use to build your component DLL - then you should be reverting anything here.

Quote:
How revert back to unlicensed the .EXE application that I use for testing my components project (exactly the state before compiling using licensed components)?

Delete the ".lic" file that is installed in the directory containing your component DLL and then Rebuild the test solution. The LicenseInstallForm should be displayed when you do the rebuild. If it isn't then you probably haven't removed the right file.

Quote:
I've tried to simply delete the LICX file, but this caused me a lot of errors, and both components and test applications stopped to work. Is deletion of LICX file prohibited or what? How can I revert an accidental LICX deletion?

Don't delete the Licx file. This file is generally generated automatically by VS and tells the compiler that certain components are licensed and need licenses runtime stored in the app resources

Generally it is best practice to do your component testing on a truly virgin copy of Windows with Visual Studio installed to ensure you haven't got some hidden dependancies which show up when you ship to customers. You can use Partition Magic or Norton Ghost to quickly restore your test operating systems.

Quote:
Dim dum() As Byte = {CType(keyValue, Byte)}
If DataEquals(_productData, dum) Then
Is this correct?

This will work.

Quote:
If DataEquals(_productData, CType(keyValue, Byte())) Then

Would be better. We will fix this in the next release of the product.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Delete the ".lic" file that is installed in the directory containing your component DLL and then Rebuild the test solution.

I never seen any *.lic file in Bin directory.
I found my *.lic files in obj/Debug (or obj/Release, depends the configuration).

Is correct that *.lic file is generated inside obj/Debug instead that Bin directory?

Thank you.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By bin directory I simply mean where ever the executable or DLL file is. If you are developing a control and reference the control project from another project in the same solution then typically this actually loads the DLL from the Obj\Debug or Obj\Release directory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: