Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

check your License parameters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sputnik

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: check your License parameters Reply with quote

when I try to issue a new license for only one of my programs, I get: "Check your license paramters are up-to-date at Authentication Server.AuthenticationService.DecryptArgs......."

When I tried to run the 'Configure Authentication Server', I get an error to ensure the authentication service is running (I checked it and it is) and it was unable to process the request becuase of a License Tracker key. I haven't had to do this in a long time and I'm really confused at this point.

I know at least one other app is good and gets authenticated ok....

How can I get this one app license parameters updated without messing with the others?
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of ILS are you using? Can you please post the exact text of the error when you try to Configure the Authentication Server (you can use Control-C to copy the text from the error message box)
Sputnik

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was version 5.5.2

---------------------------
Authentication Server Error
An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the Authentication Server. Ensure that the Authentication Service is running.

Error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Invalid License Tracker Key
at Infralution.Licensing.Data.Database.ExchangeConfigurationKeys(String licenseTrackerKey)
at AuthenticationServer.AuthenticationService.ExchangeConfigurationKeys(String licenseTrackerKey)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Stack:

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Infralution.Licensing.Forms.AuthenticationService.ExchangeConfigurationKeys(String licenseTrackerKey)

at Infralution.Licensing.Forms.AuthenticationService.ExchangeConfigurationKeys(RSACryptoServiceProvider configurationRsa)

at Infralution.LicenseTracker.AuthenticationServer.Configure()

at Infralution.LicenseTracker.AuthenticationConfigureDialog.ConfigureWork(BackgroundWorkerProgressForm progressForm, DoWorkEventArgs e)
OK
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the following post to fix this error:

http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2495
Sputnik

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok - I did like you said - I copied install.aspx back and ran it.
It's in SQL Server, so I went to the next screen and check the box that said "Reset the Configuration Key used to secure communications with License Tracker"

Then, I went back to License tracker and chose 'Configure Authentication Server', choosing both checkboxes ("upload authentication data" and "Use new Configuration Key"), pressing 'Yes' when asked to use the new key.

I still get:

Authentication Server Error
An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the Authentication Server. Ensure that the Authentication Service is running.

Error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Invalid License Tracker Key
at Infralution.Licensing.Data.Database.ExchangeConfigurationKeys(String licenseTrackerKey)
at AuthenticationServer.AuthenticationService.ExchangeConfigurationKeys(String licenseTrackerKey)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Stack:

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Infralution.Licensing.Forms.AuthenticationService.ExchangeConfigurationKeys(String licenseTrackerKey)

at Infralution.Licensing.Forms.AuthenticationService.ExchangeConfigurationKeys(RSACryptoServiceProvider configurationRsa)

at Infralution.LicenseTracker.AuthenticationServer.Configure()

at Infralution.LicenseTracker.AuthenticationConfigureDialog.ConfigureWork(BackgroundWorkerProgressForm progressForm, DoWorkEventArgs e)
OK

I'm totally lost at this point. I totally lost the old local Access database, so I'm using new product/license and customer data, if that means anything.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When using the "Configure Authentication Server" menu you should not (normally) select the "Use New Configuration Key". If you select this without first running the Install.aspx page and selecting "Reset the Configuration Key" option then you will get the error you are seeing. In your case you have just run the Install.aspx page and done this - which makes me think something else is going on (maybe you ran the Configure Authentication Server twice selecting that option).

Are you sure that the URL of the Authentication Server you are configuring matches your actual web service? If you using a new License Tracker database then this will default to configuring the authentication server running on your local machine.

If you have completely lost your old database (with your product settings) and don't have a backup then there is no way to recover these and you will have to create new products, generate the LICENSE_PARAMETERS again, update your application code to use the new LICENSE_PARAMETER and recompile.

The authentication service has its own database - but this only stores sufficient information to authenticate licenses - not generate new licenses. So while it might allow you to continue to authenticate previously generated license keys using the previously compiled application, you will not be able to generate new keys, nor will you be able to change existing keys and you will get a bunch of other issues because the keys in the Authentication Database are essentially for completely different products to those in your License Database.

You really will have to start from scratch. I recommend that you start with a completely new Authentication Database. If you are using SQL Server for the Authentication Database then you should delete the database and the create it again. For Microsoft Access delete the Authentication.mdb at C:\Program Files (x86)\Infralution\Licensing System 6\AuthenticationServer\App_Data and then reinstall/repair ILS so that this gets recreated (and so will be blank). You can then FTP upload this blank database to the server and then Configure the server from License Tracker. This will mean that you will have to get existing customers to download a new version of your application and issue them new keys. Sorry for the bad news - but there really is no way to recreate a license database without a backup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: