Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AuthenticationData is NULL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dopdahl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: AuthenticationData is NULL Reply with quote

Hi:

I've implemented authenticated licenses and I'm developing against the localhost IIS server.

I've got a simple product with a 30 day timeout and I'm using a customengerator dll to format my authentication data.

Everything works when generating the license key. The Auth Data appears in License Tracker (which implies it's in the DB)... I can even edit the Auth Data without issues.

With the license successfully installed for my application, AuthenticatedLicenseProvider::GetLicense returns a VALID license.

The problem I have is that the AuthenticationLicense::AuthenticationData property is null. Nothing there.

Using a local DB.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that your application and License Tracker are using the same Authentication Server? When moving from testing to going live it is easy to forget to update the LICENSE_PARAMETERS in your application and so the application Authentication Server URL remains pointing at the server running on your local host. If you then install the authentication server on your real web site and issue licenses the authentication data is set on the real website - but your application can still be authenticated licenses against the one running on your local host. You can check that the application is using the same authentication server by importing authentication data - the authentications should show up when you expand the license key.
dopdahl

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thx for the response.

I'm in the process of moving everything to a cloud server.

I'll double check everything, odds are the issue will resolve itself.

Thx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: