Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manually add column to a Data Binding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EntityDev

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Manually add column to a Data Binding Reply with quote

Is it possible to explicitly add a single column to an Object binding (on the Data Binding tab in the editor)?

While testing, I removed a column. I note that it is still represented on the Columns tab. This is confusing. I believe if I delete a column from the Columns tab, it is removed from the list of columns for the Data Binding that owns it.

At any rate, I'd like to restore this column to the Data Binding. Short of removing the binding and adding another, can this be done?

Thanks again.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Columns tab specifies the actual columns present in the tree. The DataBindings tab allows you to specify how data from your data source maps to those columns via CellBindings. If you remove a column then the cell bindings for that column are automatically also removed. If you remove a CellBinding however the column is not automatically removed because there may be other RowBindings which define CellBindings to display data in the same column (this is nearly always the case for the Main column)
EntityDev

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again.

Along with your clear and concise help and the fact that I was able this morning to finish reading the section in the documentation about Object Databinding, I'm starting to get the hang of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: