Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zapier for payment notifications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CADbloke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:09 am    Post subject: Zapier for payment notifications Reply with quote

Greetings

Have you considered writing a Zapier Zap to connect payment notifications?

Your users / buyers would get quick and easy (code-less) access to at least 15 payment processors - https://zapier.com/zapbook/#sort=popular&filter=payment-processing

heaps of ecommerce apps - https://zapier.com/zapbook/#sort=popular&filter=ecommerce

...with one deployment.

They have developer docs, of course: https://zapier.com/developer/documentation/v2/

The reason I ask: I want to use Stripe in real time (not just as a data import) without rewriting the Paypal IPN product.

cheers
Ewen
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. That looks like it might be a good addition to IPN.NET. We will take a look at that for the next release.
CADbloke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
We will take a look at that for the next release.

That would be excellent. While not wanting to be one of those" customers (well, I haven't bought it yet but it is #1 in my assessment list) do you think this would ship by April? That's my ship date (he says with all the optimism in the world but not a lot of confidence).

cheers
Ewen
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

April sounds feasible - I'd need to do some more investigation of the Zapier interface to understand the implications. I thought you might be one of "those" customers who come back asking if their dream feature can be released next week. It would help if you were willing to be a beta customer and assist with testing the Zapier solution.

The main development issues would probably be changes to ILS License Tracker and IPN.NET to support the different (to PayPal) ways of authenticating Zapier triggers.
CADbloke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still figuring out where I am going with the bits and pieces this app.

If I can be bothered hosting my own license server then Infralution is still my first choice.

If I do use Infralution I'm happy to be your guinea pig, so to speak.

Another Zapier alternative is IFTTT - also known as "IF" https://ifttt.com/ because you need more of those.

cheers

edit
The more I think about this the more I think I am just making it hard for myself (and you). I guess what I am really trying to figure out is how to use payment processors other than paypal with ILS with a decent level of integration. Zapier is an obvious one. I guess all the cool kids are using Stripe but there's a lot to learn in there and that's not where I should be spending my time.

I need to brain this a bit more before I mouth it.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If I can be bothered hosting my own license server then Infralution is still my first choice.

Hosting the authentication service is really pretty simple. The big advantage of running the authentication service on your own (hosted or self-hosted) web server is that you are not paying royalties for licensing and are not locked into another companies services for what is a core business function.

Quote:
I guess what I am really trying to figure out is how to use payment processors other than paypal with ILS with a decent level of integration

We do provide an API that you can call from a .NET application (desktop or ASP.NET) to create customers, sales and license keys. You can use this API to create key generators for integrating license key generation into ecommerce solutions with a bit of coding. The Command Line Key Generator sample project shows how to use this API. Obviously this is not quite as simple as using something like Zapier if the ecommerce solution and ILS both supported it.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've done some more work on the Zapier support. We've solved the major technical issues I think with providing Zapier support. Are you still interested in this? I think we will go ahead and add Zapier support anyway - however your interest may determine the time frame.
CADbloke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't rush on my account. A (rather inconsiderate, I thought) client has thrown an extra couple of days /week of on-site work at me for the foreseeable future so my timeline for www.tvCAD.tv has gone to hell in a bucket.

Did you see Zapier's announcement about multi-step workflows? https://zapier.com/blog/workflow-automation/
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have just released Version 6.2.0 of ILS and Version 4.1.0 of IPN.NET to support integration with Zapier. IPN.NET now supports a JSON web API that allows integration with Zapier (or other ecommerce and web integration platforms) to automatically generate license keys and email them to customers. We have also developed a Zapier App that you can use access the API. The Zapier App is currently invite only. You can access it via the following link:

https://zapier.com/developer/invite/33079/91425c9df822abba65de2bd51af2841a/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: