Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Storing additional data along with License Key

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccdsystems

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Storing additional data along with License Key Reply with quote

I have read http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2865, and you mention the two different ways of handling user defined variables/data.

The ProductInfo option
Quote:
is generally only suitable for small amounts of data
What are the guidelines that should be followed when considering this option?
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Access license database limits the ProductInfo field to 50 characters. This will produce license keys that are in excess of 120 characters long. These are quite unwieldy for end users and I wouldn't recommend using anything near that long. If you are using Authenticated licensing anyway then you should use Authentication Data - as it has no limits and can be changed after the license key has been issued if required. If you are using simple Encrypted Licensing then I would recommend trying to keep ProductInfo to less than 8 characters or so to keep license keys a reasonable length whether they can still be read over the phone if necessary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: