Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steps to install license tracker on new computer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject: Steps to install license tracker on new computer? Reply with quote

My client is setting up a new workstation and must move the license tracker (5.11.2.0) over.

I think that on his new machine the full sql express is required, and that sql express localdb will be incompatible. Confirmation requested.

I am very hazy on how you set up the connection string for the local sql database since it was well over a year since I have run this. How will the connection string to the local machine's sql database be set up?

I am running on fumes here. There is the remote authentication database web service, and a local sql database where the license tracker is installed. Correct?

The system has been running very well for over a year, I just forgot how to install it.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing to do is to run the Configure License Tracker Database wizard on the old machine. This will let you check the current settings - ie double check that the database is in fact SQL Express on the local machine. If you are using SQL Express (and you want to move the data) then you will need to move the data using SQL Server Management Studio to make a backup - which you then restore on the new machine. You then install License Tracker on the new machine and connect to the local SQL Express instance. The remote authentication server should not be affected by this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: