Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issues with source

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dprouty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Issues with source Reply with quote

When I run an unmodified LicenseTracker in Visual Studio I get prompted to install a Virtual Data Objects license, I get prompted that I am running unlicensed Infralution.Controls library, and also a unlicensed Virtual Tree, message. Attempting to generate a key results in a message that the custom generator doesn't implement the ICustomGenerator interface. The custom generator does work outside of Visual Studio with the standard release. I am guessing that once the evaluation license for the above tools expire I won't be able to run in VS at all .
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are license keys for Virtual Data Objects, Infralution.Controls and VirtualTree in the LicenseKeys.txt file under the Components sub-directory in the source code. These are special keys which can only be used for the License Tracker application (they are locked to the name of the compiled application).

When you compile the License Tracker source code this includes compiling the CustomGenerator project. We don’t however provide you with the same unique strong name key that we use to sign assemblies. Instead we replace the strong names in the source code with a strong name that is only used for source distribution. This is to ensure that our binary assemblies can’t be spoofed even if you have the source code. The result however is that the assemblies you generate when compiling the source code don’t have the same signature as those we distribute. This means that if you want to write a custom generator you need to ensure that the project is referencing the Infralution.Licensing.CustomGenerator DLL that you have compiled (not the original distributed one). I would suggest deleting the existing reference to the Infralution.Licensing.CustomGenerator DLL and then adding the reference to the one you have compiled (by browsing to the directory where it is compiled).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: