Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IPN item number length issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: IPN item number length issues Reply with quote

Hello,

Autodesk appexchange generates this name for my app.

appstore.exchange.autodesk.com:reformaswingdirection_windows32and64:en

when I try using this in IPN, it cuts it down to
appstore.exchange.autodesk.com:reformaswingdirecti

which to me seems like there is a database field that has only 50 characters.

This is a problem since IPN never recognizes my app from paypal payments and thus doesnt generate a license key automaticly.

When I use the IPN test tool everything works fine.

Im not quite sure where to put the app name from above, should that be in the IPN number or IPN name ?

Regards,
Emil Thor Emilsson
Developer
Snertill.is
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is by a 50 character limit on the database field for the IpnItemNumber. Since the Item Number is meant to be a short identifier for your product this is normally more than enough. I'm not familiar with Autodesk appexchange - does it have some interface to PayPal payments? Is it forcing you to use a particular Item Number for your product?
emile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that is excatly the situation, Im beeing forced to use this identifier via paypal. I was just wondering if I was supposed to use this identifier in the IPN name or IPN number field ?

IPN just says it doesnt find the registered name from paypal

any suggestions ? I cannot control or shorten this name Im sad to say.

Regards,
Emil
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that is the Item Number actually being posted by PayPal to the server? You can check the trace.axd or the log file that should be saved and emailed to you when there is an error. These contain all the variables that are posted by PayPal.

If the item_number variable being posted by PayPal actually is that long then the only option is to increase the size of the database field. If you are using Microsoft Access as the backend database then you can open the database in Access and increase the field size for the IpnItemNumber field in the Product table to 100. You would need to do this in both the License.mdb used by License Tracker and the Ipn.mdb used by the IPN.NET server. If you are using SQL Server then you can do the same thing using SQL Server Management Studio. We can also increase the size of this field if necessary in the next release of ILS and IPN.NET
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: