Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Single GXL file (no xaml specific language resource files)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metaraja@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject: Single GXL file (no xaml specific language resource files) Reply with quote

Hi,

I am able to implement localization using globalizer on a sample WPF application.

But i am seeing following files are created,
1. Master GXL file for the solution.
2. Master GXL user file for the solution.
3. RESX for each XAML file.
4. Language specific RESX file for each XAML file.

When i view the contents of each RESX and GXL file -- application resource key contents in present in each file with different languages.

My requirement is,
1. To create only one master GXL file
2. XAML files bindings has to be modified to use Resource keys.
3. Avoid creating XAML specific Resource files for each language.
4. In future after publishing the application - will publish only GXL files to users to support multiple language.

Please guide me on creating settings to avoid RESX file creation for each XAML and to use only one GXL file for all XAML files - to support multiple languages.

Thanks
Raj
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gxl.user file is just where Globalizer stores your preferences for things like window layout, column sizes etc for the workspace. It is not essential for the project. If you delete it Globalizer will just revert to the default settings for the workspace.

See the following thread for an explanation of why Globalizer creates a Resx for each window/control:

http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=9184&sid=ae2be79a948f5402f012bba08c8654e0

Globalizer GLX file are not designed to be deployed to the user. Instead you build the language specific satellite assembly(s) for your applications and distribute these. You can have Globalizer build the localized satellite assembly (DLL) for you using the Deploy build feature (rather than building these in Visual Studio). Then you just need to distribute the satellite assembly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: