Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Globalizer import translation (GXL) via command line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxhesselbarth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Globalizer import translation (GXL) via command line Reply with quote

Hi!

Is it possible to import a .GXL file via command line with options:
- languages to import
- overwrite existing translations
- etc.

Thank you in advance!
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Import and Export are not currently supported via the command line interface. Can you give us a bit of an idea how you would want to use this within your workflow.
maxhesselbarth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a GXL file for many C# project files. I want to scan (supported via command line) and export all translations (one file per language, all languages in one file should be possible as well) for giving them to the translation service provider.
After the translation process I will get these files back with the translation in between the tag <en></en> for example. Now I want to import each of those files and want to decide if all values should be overwritten or if just non-translated items should be filled.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you want to do this from the command line? Why not just open the workspace in Globalizer and use the Import menu which gives you those options?
maxhesselbarth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I want to automate the whole process. For example: the translation service provider finishes the translations and copies them to a folder. This folder is observed and putting translations will trigger a script which calls the Globalizer.NET and imports all translations. After importing this script calls the Globalizer to build all targets.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally you would not be doing this very frequently and would want to check the translations in Globalizer before building them into your application. Do you have a different workflow where you are getting updated translations from your translator on a very frequent basis?
simontraka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Export capability Reply with quote

I'd love to see command line script to allow translation export, as we regularly send translation files to be worked on using the Globalizer TE.

I'm not suggesting that we don't check the translations manually; we always review them before they're exported, but once that manual step has been done, some process automation would be invaluable.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added this request to our feature request list.
simontraka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject: Export/Import automation Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt response!

Not to take away from the original reporter regarding the import automation facility, again this would be just as valuable for the same reasons.
ccrooks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on this feature. Especially command line per culture export. For our purposes import can be manual, but automated export per build where we can tell our translators just to pick up the latest exported culture gxz artifact from the latest build would simplify our workflow.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will try to get this feature in for the next release
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: