Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem getting License Directory in VS 2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FredLarson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Problem getting License Directory in VS 2005 Reply with quote

I have developed an ASP.NET server control using your Licensing System source. The control was developed using .NET Version 1.1. Everything works as expected as long as I add the control to a .NET Version 1.1 web project. If there is no license present in design mode, a dialog box will be presented asking for a key. Once the key is added, a license file is added to the directory that contains the control. This is the behavior that I want.

The problem occurs when I add my control to a .NET V2.0 web project. The dialog box comes up as expected just like the Version 1.1 project but when I enter a key and click OK, a new license file gets created in a Visual Studio TEMP directory.

Although I am not 100% sure, the
Code:
EncryptedLicenseProvider.GetLicenseDirectory
method appears to return a result based on
Code:
 type.Module.FullyQualifiedName
This points to a Visual Studio 2005 TEMP directory. I suspect that this is because of a change in how Visual Studio 2005 works.

In the Version 1.1 solution, the
Code:
EncryptedLicenseProvider.GetLicenseDirectory
method returns a result based on
Code:
resolver.GetPathOfAssembly
which is the correct folder.

Is there a fix that I can apply so that this works correctly in V2.0 projects? Thanks…
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a 100% reliable way in ASP.NET to find the original (as opposed to the temporary) path of an exectutable.
If you can find a way please let us know. As you say it looks like Microsoft have changed the behaviour of this yet again in V2.0 - we will do some investigation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: