Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to get ILS to work with sql server database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Trying to get ILS to work with sql server database Reply with quote

when trying to connect to a sql server database I get "Error: Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

The license database got created and tables in that, but they are all empty.

I also tried with sa so its not a access problem.

Any thoughts ?

Im trying to install the trial version to see if it fits our needs.

Regards,
Emil Thor Emilsson
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below are some questions that may help us identify the problem:

I assume you are using the latest version (5.11.2) is that correct?

What version of SQL Server are you using?

How are you connecting to the server (Windows or SQL Server Authentication)?

Is the server running on a local server?

Have you previously installed the software with a different database?

Are you using the License Tracker Database configuration wizard - or are you trying to install the standalone authentication database using the Authentication Server Install.aspx page?

When exactly do you get the error (while installing or when you run License Tracker)?
emile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the latest version yes.

sql server version 2008 (10.0.4067)

sql server authentication, I created a speciffic user for this application, I also tried as 'sa' just to confirm that it wasnt a access/grant problem.

The server is running on a windows 2012 server, different machine

This is my first attempt (actually I tried a few times, but the database licensing has been created) tables have been created but no data in them.

This happens when I try the "Infralution License Tracker configuration 5.11.2" I am running the license tracker on a newly created virtual machine specifficly for testing infralution license server.

I get this error when I press next in the infralution license tracker after entering database credentials.

The install of the actual product completes, this happens when configuring the license database itself.

Regards,
Emil
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just tried with the same configuration SQL Server 2008 (a slightly different patch number) using SQL Authentication with ILS 5.11.2. This all installs without problem.

I would log into your server using SQL Management Studio and delete any database that has previously been created then start from scratch by running the License Tracker configuration wizard. Ensure that when asked for the Database Name you enter a name of a database that doesn't already exist on the server (the wizard will create it).

If you get any errors doing this maybe try installing SQL Server Express on your local machine and see whether this is working for you.
emile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that did the trick, I guess something was messed up with the old License database.

thank you for your quick replies.

Regards,
Emil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: