Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bad Data Error on uploading all data

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elloura

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Bad Data Error on uploading all data Reply with quote

Hi,
I have been running the licensing and authentication systems for several years now with no issues.
I had to enter a sale manually yesterday as it was not through paypal. After entering all the information and generating a license key, I went to Authentication->Configure Server->Upload authentication data as per usual and am continually receiving the following error message:

"An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the Authentication Server.Ensure the Authentication Service is running.
Error:Server was unable to process request--->Bad Data"

This error also occurs when I try to upload product data:
"An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the IPN.NET Server.Ensure the IPN.NET Service is running.
Error:Server was unable to process request--->Bad Data"

However, I am able to import authentication data and sales data from the server with no problems at all.

I have checked the authentication service is running by going to mydomainname.com/authenticate/AuthenticationService.asmx and I get the listing of the web services so I know my authentication service is running.

I have deleted the sale I manually entered and still receiving the error messages.

Please help.
Thank you
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry we somehow missed this post.

What version of ILS are you using?

Are you also using IPN.NET?

Are you using a separate standalone database for both the Authentication Server and IPN.NET?

Are you using Access or SQL Server?

The error you are getting when uploading product data indicates that you are attempting to configure IPN.NET - not the Authentication Server is that correct?

If you are also using IPN.NET are you able to configure either IPN.NET or Authentication Server?

If both IPN.NET and the Authentication Server are suddenly not working it would indicate that the problem is with your server (and not with the database). In this case it would be worth checking with your provider whether they have changed anything recently. Sometimes shared hosting providers will relocate your website to a new server host without telling you.

You could also try making a backup of your database(s) and then uploading a completely fresh version of the Authentication Server and a blank database (from your local machine C:\Program Files (x86)\Infralution\Infralution Licensing System\AuthenticationServer). Then try configuring this - that should tell you whether some how your database has become corrupted.
Elloura

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
That's OK.
The version of ILS I am using is 5.0.2.0
Yes I am also using IPN.NET.
I am running separate standalone Access databases for both the Authentication Server and IPN.NET.
I am not able to configure either IPN.Net or the Authentication Server. I get the same error message when I try to configure either of these (the bad data error). I can however import from IPN.Net and the Authentication Server. Given that I can import data this would make me think that my hosting providers have not relocated my website to a new server. Is this correct?

I will try the backup and uploading a completely fresh version of the authentication server. To do the backup, do I simply copy the appropriate folders from my web server or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that both IPN.NET and the AuthenticationServer both stopped working at the same time it (but are using different databases) it does point to a problem on the server.

Since you are using Access you just need to copy the .mdb files from the server to make a backup.

The Configure Server and Import Data methods on the server use very similar code to validate the license tracker key and decrypt arguments. So it is hard to see why one would work and not the other. The only difference really will be in the amount of data uploaded vs downloaded. If the problem continues after uploading the original code and blank databases then you should try turning on tracing (as described in the IPN.NET) and looking at the trace.axd after configuring. This should tell us exactly where the problem is occurring.

One thing I noted in your original post is that you were using Configure >Server with the upload authentication data option after generating a key. This is not necessary. If your key has AuthenticationData or an expiry date then License Tracker will automatically contact the server and upload this data if required.
Elloura

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I uploaded a completely fresh version of the authentication server and this has fixed all my issues. Everything is now working perfectly.

Thanks for your help!
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting us know. Glad this has resolved the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: