Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regarding ILS Features
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyb3r

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject: Regarding ILS Features Reply with quote

Hello, i was about to purchase ILS for my products, i make small tools and distribute it to my clients, i want it to work on 1 device only without any trail period, and i have to ask about some features i don't know if they available in ILS or not:

• I need to include my code and call it from the app, cause i need to hide some uint offsets and that's what it's all my tools about, for now i use another app it supports variables and i can call them with my app serial, and i can add AES encrytion and call it as a strings then decrypt them with Key and IV, if similar option is available in ILS this will be a good thing i could purchase it for.
  • Do ILS have an API to use it on my site which is on a linux based web hosting?
  • Can i have the source for the dll files to implment them directly into my project cause i don't like external dlls they can be spoofed sometimes and i need my project to look clean.

I also may purchase Infralution .NET Encryptor but i see it's more hard than any other cryptor, Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have two options for including user defined variables/data. You can include them in the ProductInfo when you generate the license key. The ProductInfo is encrypted into the actual license key. This means that this potentially increases the length of the generated keys - so is generally only suitable for small amounts of data. The second options (for Authenticated Licenses) to include the data in the AuthenticationData which is downloaded from the Authentication Server when the license is installed. This data is stored unencrypted in the license file - so if you wanted to hide it then you would need to encrypt/decrypt it. You can automatce encrypting the AuthenticationData by creating a CustomGenerator plugin for License Tracker that displays a user interface (if required) and then encrypts the entered data.

The Authentication Server requires ASP.NET 2.0 or later. Some customers have reported success running it on Linux using Mono (http://www.mono-project.com/docs/web/aspnet/) - but this is not directly supported by us. The service does not need to be hosted on your main site - so a simple solution is to purchase a separate Windows based domain/site to run the Authentication Server. This can be done for around $10 a month.

Yes we provide the source code (in C# and VB.NET) for the classes your application calls so that you don't have to distribute them and can obfuscate/encrypted them as part of your main executable.
Cyb3r

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank for replying, and yes i use AES encryption with Key and IV to decrypt it and i will add it as a data in authenticated app, but where should i include the data? is it correct here in app properties: http://prntscr.com/553eox
or i have to include it here in the license: http://prntscr.com/553fa6
Everytime i include it in the license i get unknown error: http://prntscr.com/553hu3
And how can i call the string from the Data or App info,

Btw if i want to purchase both products can i get special discount?

Thanks for your time.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error you are getting is not really related to the data you are including. It is because the Authentication Server has not been configured with your products. If you are using the sample products then this may be because you have configured the Authentication Server to use SQL Server. To fix this use the Authentication > Configure Server menu in License Tracker. This will synchronise the Authentication Server database with the Products defined in your main License Tracker database. You should then be able to set the Authentication Data for a license key.

If all of your license keys will use the same AuthenticationData then you can just set the Default Authentication data for the product.

After the license has been installed you can access this via the AuthenticatedLicense.AuthenticationData property.

Sorry we don't have a discount offer for purchasing both products.
Cyb3r

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought my IIS web site, which best to use SQL Database or Excel?
And i can't use "public string AuthenticationData { get; }" to store my data in some string to decrypt the data, and how can i always make the license synced with the server if i need to deactivate it or delete it?
also can i prevent the app from storing my encrypted code in the license Key i need it always to download it from the server?
I'm making my own shop can i make auto-license generatoe with each completed order?

Sorry for all this questions but i just Began my first sale project.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just bought my IIS web site, which best to use SQL Database or Excel?

I think you mean SQL Server or Access. If you are only issuing a few license keys a day then Access is fine and easier to administer. If you are likely to have 100s of customers authenticating each day then SQL Server may be a better option. If your IIS server is configured to run services/applications as 64 bit then you will need to use SQL Server because Microsoft doesn't support Access (JET) for 64 bit applications.

Quote:
And i can't use "public string AuthenticationData { get; }" to store my data in some string to decrypt the data, and how can i always make the license synced with the server if i need to deactivate it or delete it?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you select a license in License Tracker and deactivate it then License Tracker connects to the Authentication Server and synchronises the data for you automatically.

Quote:
also can i prevent the app from storing my encrypted code in the license Key i need it always to download it from the server?

Do you mean that you don't want to store the AuthenticationData in the license file? I don't understand why you would want to do this.

Yes you can generate customers, sales and license keys from an ASP.NET application. See the following FAQ for more information:

http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=5478#5478

Note that this requires your ASP.NET application to be able to connect directly to your license tracker data, which means that it has to be hosted on SQL Server instance accessible from your web page. If you are using this configuration then you can also configure the Authentication Server to connect directly to the same database (and so avoid the need to synchronise between the License Tracker and Authentication databases.
Cyb3r

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you select a license in License Tracker and deactivate it then License Tracker connects to the Authentication Server and synchronises the data for you automatically.

You said i can add variables as a Data in my app so i did it but i don't know how to call the string when authenticated the app.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I don't understand what you are trying to do. I thought you wanted a way to pass some data variables (which were encrypted) to your application via the license. You can do this by putting the data in the AuthenticationData when you create the license key. When the key is authenticated this data is downloaded and your program can get the encrypted data by calling the AuthenticatedLicense.AuthenticationData property. Is this what you want to do?
Cyb3r

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will explain more, I'm including my offsets list as one line like this:

Code:

0x0030024C,0x003113E4,0x00333454,0x002313F0,0x00355E52,0x00178C3C,0x001799D4,0x002AA120

When i Encrypt it as AES with Key And IV it looks like this
Code:

OdnvlflPpDF5R7pDB/MkQGZdA2/2ygwNXP9by9xCsxjyduXKTe+Csp/RppTfP4+SYYREETL0LkCm35h1DILWcS0uecm7ugspql6yLMr6KW0PmlezRpsQ2O3had7gQwcF

So i included it into my Product AuthenticationData as you said like this: http://prntscr.com/55js9q

My qustion is how to retrieve this code as a string to decrypt it, i know how to decrypt it back but i don't have the right method to read it correct from product data, if you can post the full C# code here i will be grateful.

Thanks.[/code]
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can just call the _license.AuthenticationData property to get the data from the license. For example after the standard code to get/install the license eg:

Code:
// check if there is an installed license for the application
//
_license = _licenseProvider.GetLicense();

// start a background thread to check with the authentication server that
// the license authentication is still valid
//
_licenseProvider.StartBackgroundAuthenticationCheck(_license);

// if there is no installed license then display the evaluation dialog until
// the user installs a license or selects Exit or Continue
//
while (!_licenseProvider.IsValid(_license))
{
    EvaluationMonitor evaluationMonitor = new RegistryEvaluationMonitor("MyEvaluationPassword");
    EvaluationDialog evaluationDialog = new EvaluationDialog();
    EvaluationDialogResult dialogResult = evaluationDialog.ShowDialog(evaluationMonitor);
    if (dialogResult == EvaluationDialogResult.Exit) return;    // exit the app
    if (dialogResult == EvaluationDialogResult.Continue) break; // exit the loop

if (dialogResult == EvaluationDialogResult.InstallLicense)
    {
        AuthenticatedLicenseInstallForm licenseForm = new AuthenticatedLicenseInstallForm();
        _license = licenseForm.ShowDialog(_licenseProvider, _license);
    }
}

if (_license != null)
{
    string myData = _license.AuthenticationData;
}

Cyb3r

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you that's exactly what i needed, i have some questions if you may help me:
1. How can i check if the license always valid on application startup in case i wanted to revoke access for some client, and how can i restore access again?
2. How can i update the AuthenticationData without making another license code?
3. what's the uninstall method for C#.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The StartBackgroundAuthenticationCheck methods starts a background thread to check that the license is still valid. This means that your application does not block (slowing startup) while it connects to the authentication server over the internet. If this check fails it (by default) exits the application. If you want to do the check before the application even starts then you can do this by calling the AuthenticatedLicenseProvider.IsAuthenticated or Reauthenticate method. These will block until the call returns.

You can update the AuthenticationData using the Authentication > Set Authentication Data menu. The customer can then reinstall their license key to get a license with the new AuthenticationData. Alternatively your application code can call Reauthenticate to update the AuthenticationData and then InstallLicense to save it.

I'm not sure what you mean by the uninstall method for C#?
Cyb3r

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:

You can update the AuthenticationData using the Authentication > Set Authentication Data menu. The customer can then reinstall their license key to get a license with the new AuthenticationData. Alternatively your application code can call Reauthenticate to update the AuthenticationData and then InstallLicense to save it.

I'm not completly understanding the way it works, i mean i have always to update my application data which contains some values that i have to update it from time to time, how can i make the app always sync with authenticationData on the server?

And how i can reactivate Serial Key after i deactivate it or how can suspend it for a while?

Infralution wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by the uninstall method for C#?

I need to add uninstall license button to my app but i cannot find the method in the help documentation or i cannot do it right.
Cyb3r

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i have tried both Reauthenticate and IsAuthenticated and it did not work properly the app still running after i deactivated the license, the method StartBackgroundAuthenticationCheck working great but it letting them start the app while i need it to authenticate on startup.
Another issue now is how to update the AuthenticationData without forcing my client to uninstall his license and install it again because i have to set limited authentications for each client, I tried to edit the AuthenticationData manually by editing Authentication.mdb but didn't work, and tried uploading my new Data to server didn't work eather.

Btw the authenticationData is stored in the license not in the app is there anyway retreive it from the app incase i had an update so i don't have to edit all my clients licenses.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The background AuthenticationCheck just calls IsAuthenticated - so if it is working then IsAuthenticated should also be working. IsAuthenticated won't stop your program it just returns true or false - it is up to you to determine what to do with that ie exit the application, display a message.

The user does not have to uninstall their license they can simply install the license key again. Installing a license key again on the same computer does not use up one of the users allowed authentications (even if the license was uninstalled). The limit applies to how many different computers the license key can be installed on.

You should not be editing the Authentication.mdb manually. Are you saying that the Authentication > Set Authentication Data method did not change the data in the Authentication.mdb. The only reason that this could be the case is because you have not configured the Authentication Server correctly using Authentication > Configure Server. Use this menu and check that the URL is correct and that the "Remote Database" option is selected.

Quote:
Btw the authenticationData is stored in the license not in the app is there anyway retreive it from the app incase i had an update so i don't have to edit all my clients licenses.

I really don't understand what you are doing with the data you are storing in the AuthenticationData. Generally if the data is the same for all customers then you would just compile it into the code as your own string or other variable (ie not use AuthenticationData or ILS at all for this). The only reason I can think of for not doing this is to provide some extra level of copy protection where you were distributing an evaluation application and wanted to ensure that some key parameters for a licensed function were not part of the application. Is this what your are doing?

Quote:
I need to add uninstall license button to my app but i cannot find the method in the help documentation or i cannot do it right.

The License Dialog has an uninstall button on it that users can use to uninstall their license. Your application should just provide a menu option to display the License Dialog.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: