Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uninstalling a license

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Uninstalling a license Reply with quote

From the FAQ:
Quote:
When a user uninstalls their license the application contacts the authentication server to Deauthenticate the license.

For some reason, when the user uninstalls the license, it still appears as "Active" in License Tracker, and it's not deauthenticated. He is connected to internet. What may be wrong?
I use WinForms, C#, stand alone Access database.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that the application that the customer is using was compiled using Version 5.8 of Infralution.Licensing.Forms (DLL or source code)? Versions prior to this did not support deauthentication.

Also if you are running a standalone authentication database then you need to using the Authentication > Import Data menu in License Tracker to import any changes (such as deauthentication).
Javier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use ILS 5.11, source code. I did Authentication > Import Data in License Tracker. Same result. Not sure what else to check, but obviously I did something wrong because that feature is not working.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just tried this with the sample projects to confirm that it is working as expected (it does). Perhaps you could try installing the trial version of ILS on another machine and just try this scenario with the sample projects to confirm that you are doing the right things.
Javier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Authentication > Import Data there are two options, either new authentications or all authentications. I'm using the first one. Does this import also the deauthentications?
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that imports anything that has changed since the last time you imported.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: