Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Customer registrations?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Customer registrations? Reply with quote

Our software will present the user with a registration dialog if not licensed yet. They enter name, email, etc. and click okay. I was going to set up a web service to submit this data and enter it into the infralution database. But now I see that won't work since the customer table doesn't exist in the infralution web service database. Customers seem to be managed only on the local machine that runs the license tracker application. I am trying to automate the collection of customer table rows so they don't have to be entered manually in license tracker by the client. I will have to save the registration data on the web server, then download it to the client's local machine somehow. Someone must have asked about this before or how would you set up something like this?
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two alternatives:

• Host your license tracker database on a publicly accessible SQL Server. Your authentication service can then be configured to connect directly to this database. This may mean that using License Tracker is slower because remote SQL connections are typically not very fast. It also has the disadvantage that your licensing data is on a publicly visible server and so might be more vulnerable.
  • Maintain the customer registration data separate from the licensing data. This can often be a better a solution because it gives you more control over exactly what data you want to store and because the customer who purchases a license key may not be the same as the end user who installs the key - this is often the case if you use distributors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: